Mission Statement: To approve the selection of qualified chiropractic physicians for the chiropractic physician preceptor associate program.
The following are minimum requirements for a chiropractor to become a chiropractic physician preceptor:
- The chiropractor is licensed to practice chiropractic in this state;
- The chiropractor has a minimum of five years of practical experience;
- Practice conditions include an X-ray machine, access to lab facilities sufficient for blood chemistries and urinalysis, and physical diagnostic equipment;
- The chiropractor is in good standing with the board of chiropractic examiners and has no board infractions in the last two years; and
- Assumes personal professional responsibility for the conduct of the intern and has malpractice insurance.
The chiropractor shall apply to the board for approval prior to becoming a chiropractor physician preceptor and shall furnish evidence satisfactory to the board of having met the minimum requirements of this section.
The following are minimum requirements for persons who wish to participate in the chiropractor student associate program as an intern:
- Be enrolled in a college of chiropractic and have successfully completed Part I of the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners exam;
- Have had two years paraprofessional college before entering chiropractic college;
- Be certified by the chiropractic college which the applicant attends as having completed his course work in a competent manner and exhibited competence to perform as a chiropractic intern; and
- Provide references from a licensed chiropractor, the dean of the chiropractic college the applicant attends, and the clinical director of the chiropractic college the applicant attends, and the clinical director of the chiropractic college the applicant attends, concerning the applicant's moral character and when and how long the applicant has been known to the person submitting the reference.
For Information Contact
Marcia Walter, Executive Secretary
407 Belmont Ave.
Yankton, SD 57078
South Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners forms are available in ADOBE .PDF format (Portable Document Format) which is both device and resolution independent. The printed version of these PDF documents will be similar regardless of the device used to print. In order to view or print the Adobe Acrobat forms, you must download the free ADOBE Acrobat Reader for Windows, DOS or for Macintosh.