Board Meeting Minutes
May 16, 2011
Present: Rebecca Dykema, Linda Zeller, Laura Woitte, Twyla Fritz, Jim Carlon, and Joyce Vos
The meeting was called to order at 10:50am. Carlon advised the Board of the licensing hearing process.
The Board conducted a licensing hearing with Steven Jonson.
1. The Board discussed the unlicensed massage practices at Ying’s Massage in the Sioux Falls mall. The Board will proceed with legal action with the identified parties.
2. M/S/P Woitte/Fritz to adopt the NCBTMB Codes of Ethics for SD licensees to abide by. Staff will commence with the Administrative Rules process to legalize the Codes.
3. M/S/P Woitte/Fritz to approve the April 18, 2011 Minutes as presented.
4. The Board discussed Tim Faiman’s board member resignation and possible replacements to suggest to the Governor’s office. Two persons will be contacted to determine their interest.
5. M/S/P Fritz/Woitte to grant Geraldine Mathis an extension to comply with her 8 hours of CE until Oct 17, 2011 upon her renewal.
The Board conducted a licensing hearing with Lindsey Battey.
M/S/P Woitte/Zellter to move into Executive Session at 1:10pm.
M/S/P Zeller/Fritz to move into General Session at 1:23pm.
The Board conducted a licensing hearing with Dusty Brown.
M/S/P Woitte/Zeller to move into Executive Session at 1:55pm.
M/S/P Woitte/Fritz to move into General Session at 2:02.
M/S/P Zeller/Fritz to grant Dusty Brown a license.
M/S/P Fritz/Woitte to grant Steven Jonson a license.
M/S/P Woitte/Zeller to deny Lindsey Battey a license.
Carlon will provide the legal paperwork for each file.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:20pm